Great service from [email protected]

silverous 15:45 18 Oct 2007

Ordered a new projector from Dabs ([email protected]) yesterday at around 3pm. Got to work this morning and it was here already. Superb projector for £320. Really pleased.

Thought this might make a nice alternative to all the concerns and issues people raise.

spuds 16:21 18 Oct 2007

Shouldn't the praise be divided between the courier company and Dabs (BT).

I wonder what Dabs aftercare is like nowadays. Went into decline, then surface, but I have noticed a mixed bag in some comments and reviews!.

silverous 16:45 18 Oct 2007

Not really, I'm sure the courier company can be variable and Dabs chose them in any case so well done Dabs, they also clearly got the order despatched pretty quickly and I'm sure any courier company will perform if you pay them enough. I'm recommending an IT company not their particular use of a particular courier company.

Stuartli 23:38 18 Oct 2007

Dabs, Scan, e-Buyer, Amazon etc provide a superb service and, in the rare case that I've had a problem, it's been sorted out pretty quickly.

silverous 18:23 19 Oct 2007

Contrast this with the powerline networking kit I bought from play.com earlier that day. In stock. Ok so I didn't choose 'next day delivery' but they didn't dispatch it until yesterday and it hasn't arrived today. 3 days for something in stock in this day and age seems a long time to me, perhaps I'm impatient.

silverous 09:40 22 Oct 2007

Still not arrived from play.com and they say not to contact them until 21 days have passed!

lisa02 13:36 22 Oct 2007

Play, I ordered memory cards from them and one didn't arrive with the others. Talk about a waste of resources all the cards where ordered in one transaction yet they dispatched them individually. I can't really complain as the P&P was free.

After 3 days from date of ordering I received 3 out of the 4. I then waited a couple more days and reported one not received. They dispatched a new one on Friday. I'm hoping it'll be in the post today, the Postie hasn't been yet.

silverous 13:53 22 Oct 2007

I ordered this last wednesday around lunchtime. With most internet operations I would expect in-stock items to be dispatched that day, however they saw fit to dispatch it at the end of thursday. No sign friday or saturday - and they sent it special delivery but don't give a tracking number. I'd use them for CDs and DVDs but nothing more in future....

Diemmess 19:05 22 Oct 2007

whose website has live chat several other points of contact and parcel tracking

Following a chance remark from FE in this thread
click here I ordered a 22" Samsung monitor.
Free (offer) delivered by next day Parcel Force. Easily tracked in and out of depots and hubs, using an almost instant link from N's website.
In less than 24 hrs here and running.

Yes it IS a superb monitor!

silverous 08:07 23 Oct 2007

Will have to give them a try.
Still no parcel from play.com.
Something sent to me on friday first class has now arrived, quicker than my 'special delivery' order from play. I am putting off calling them (there seems to be no 'contact us') because I can anticipate getting annoyed when they recite the 'we can't do anything until 21 days have passed'. I know this is a postal system thing as the same happened with some car registration documents. How can they have special delivery, with a tracking number, then say you have to wait 21 days before they can investigate ?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?