Graphics cards

consultik 16:01 17 Mar 2006

I'm on the point of buying a new desktop. Mainly used for work (lots of office and explorer windows open at the same time). I'm looking for a card that will allow me to have two TFT screens on at the same time with different windows in each. I'm probably going to be buying a machine with an nvidia Geforce board so what one do I need if I'm going to be able to do this?

ade.h 22:22 17 Mar 2006

click here I think that's what you need.

hzhzhz 23:02 17 Mar 2006

something like this?.click here

ade.h 23:11 17 Mar 2006

Are there any cheaper models that have Twinview, that you know of?

For consultik's needs, a 7800 would be total overkill and very costly.

I have had a quick look on my usual first stop (Dabs) but didn't find any references to Twinview in relation to specific models.

hzhzhz 23:48 17 Mar 2006

click here supports 2 monitors

hzhzhz 00:08 18 Mar 2006
  consultik 10:03 18 Mar 2006

Thanks guys

ade.h's first link describes exactly what functionality i'm looking for, but I'm still unsure if this is now common functionality on the nvidia cards or something restricted to a very few cards. I'll go and check a few sites and see if i can find reference to twinview on the desktop specs.
I assume on the 7800 link that the key references were the dual dvi support and n-view? Is this what i should be looking for?

hzhzhz 10:09 18 Mar 2006

Try a read of this,click here

consultik 10:16 18 Mar 2006

hzhzhz

Thanks very much, just what i needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?