Goodmans GDC2016TFT Digital camera info!

Andÿ 10:25 10 Mar 2003

In short if you have the above camera don't place anything in the folder '100MEDIA' that the camera uses to store the pics.

Why? :

A friend purchased the camera and had a problem after editing a pic and saving it back on the camera.

He was taking his camera to a relative to show them some of his pics and had edited the pics to remove red eye etc. On this occasion he also trimmed a picture so it was no longer the size of pictures taken by the camera. This non standard picture size (we think) has caused the camera to lockup when it was switched on and it would not work even to switch off. He placed the edited pics in the '100MEDIA' folder that the camera uses to store pics so he could show the relative how you can preview the pics on the LCD screen on the camera.

With hindsight it appears that the pictures must be the size/resolution that the camera is capable of taking or it gets confused as it looks in the folder and locks up. It is also only a problem if you place them in the folder '100MEDIA' in 'DCIM' that the camera uses to store the pics.

He could and has used the camera as a USB 'drive' and transferred edited pics before (even an mp3) but not in the '100MEDIA' folder that the camera uses to store taken pics.

I also think it would only be a problem with the camera's own memory (16mb) as a card could be read/altered out of the camera but the camera needs to be 'on' to access the built in memory.

Argos replaced his camera but other retailers may not be as understanding..........

Andÿ 10:31 10 Mar 2003

Or maybe he changed the filenames???? I just found this click here

I'll ask him later!

Andÿ 18:13 10 Mar 2003

No he didn't change the file names just cropped the pic slightly so beware..............

Tenner 18:32 10 Mar 2003

This rings a bell - all I can remember at the moment is that a Goodman's camera was tested by one of the Digital Camera mags last summer , and had the distinction of scoring the lowest ever mark in their tests, ( either 1 or 0 ). This won't help your friend, but indicates that it may be one of the problems encountred then - it was a model being sold by Argos, cos I checked it for a friend who was tempted at the time. If I find the report I'll mail you.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?