Good value mono laser printer

Diodorus Siculus 21:31 28 Sep 2005

PC World - BROTHER HL 2030 MONO LASER - £49.99
click here

Stuartli 21:41 28 Sep 2005

..your post is right underneath this thread:

click here

Diodorus Siculus 22:48 28 Sep 2005

Stuartli : well, it was top of the list when I posted :-)

mbp 13:07 01 Oct 2005

Brother HL2030 Mono Laser £49.99 was also advertised in the press with coupon, but good for the weekend only. So I hurried down to pick one up, in Nottingham.NO Stock! Kicked up a fuss but disappointing Customer Service with no solution. I clicked on Siculus's link and it is the same offer. But I also clicked on Stuart's link and the reputation of PC World is not good.

What do I do? Risk an internet purchase? Is it safe or will I just get more hassle? They sure don't have their act sorted out yet.

mbp 13:18 01 Oct 2005

Went to web site. There is X stock for delivery items. This means that their advertisement is not backed up with stock. There should be a law about this!

This is very bad for PC World!

Stuartli 13:34 01 Oct 2005

Report the facts to your local Trading Standards department and the additional information provided above.

Diodorus Siculus 15:32 02 Oct 2005

IF you want one, select it on the collect at store option and you get it for the web price.

kbo64 20:56 02 Oct 2005

Hi there Mbh,

PCW worlds website is run by jokers.
The printer that I had from them, good though it is took a lot of ****ing about.
Before placing my order, I phoned up to confirm that they had a mountain of them. They said yes they had plenty, so I placed my order straight away. Delivery was £10 which in my experience should bring the item to my door step in 2 days. Sadly it only brought excusees & no apolagy or price reduction. The only reason they kept my business was because no body else would match them. Trading standards where informed, but no more was heard.

Best wishes
Kbo

Knikerbeine 03:44 03 Oct 2005

Has anyone seen the price of the replacement toner cartridge for this printer - £49-99,same as the cost of the printer.click here

mbp 21:32 05 Oct 2005

Knikerbeine, yes it sounds ridiculous but divide the number of prints you can get our of a toner Cartridge into the price, and you will also get a ridiculously low figure. That is what counts. You can also get generics. I understand that some places will even refill it for you.

Sadly, I have wrtten PC World OFF as a serious internet shop, or even a retail shop. (I did go to the shop myself, but no stock!) I will not bother with them anymore even if they were giving it away FREE. Because it is only to get you into their shop that the word FREE is there for. That, in my opinion, is not my kind of shop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?