Good Value Engineering Drawing Tool Required

ken38 08:18 05 Dec 2006

I am searching for a software package to draw up detailed plans for building a house. The package needs to support the required details to apply for planning permission.
I have tried many packages but without forking out many hundreds of pounds on major CAD/CAM packages, they are all rather limited.
My fear with engineering CAD/CAM packages is they may not support the features I need for drawing real architectural building method detail.
Any recommendations.
Cheers

The Brigadier 08:32 05 Dec 2006

Have you googled your problem?

I do know of a few good CAD packages but they may well be either out of your cost bracket or not up to the job.

ken38 08:56 05 Dec 2006

I am after someone with real experience of a package.

I have tried several cheapo's and one resonably priced package but they are all not suitable.

I am after someone with real experience of submitting detail house designs for planning. Otherwise you do not find out the limitations until you have spent another few hundred pounds!

Cheers

spuds 09:47 05 Dec 2006

Have you considered contacting your local council's planning department, they could perhaps offer you some advice, as to suitable various software. My local planning officer is a mind of information, and over the years as saved us pounds.

The Brigadier 09:55 05 Dec 2006

Auto CAD i have dabbled with, but i'm no expert at it, but it is very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?