A good story about PC World

Dragon_Heart 23:35 23 Mar 2011

Anyone got one ?

They, PC World, Curry's and Dixon's, are in most high streets or retail parks so they must be doing SOMETHING right SOME of the time at least.

When I used to be on my work travels I sometimes passed through a place called Beeston which is on the outskirts of Nottingham. They USED to have a small Dixon's store in which the staff were great. Helpful, polite nothing too much trouble. Any problems with a product they would sort it out without fuss. The store was changed to a Curry's with different staff and that lasted about 3 months or so.

spuds 11:33 24 Mar 2011

Dixon's went out of fashion, didn't it?.

I still remember Currys as a family business, before it was bought out and things changed ;o)

finerty 12:30 24 Mar 2011

Yeah dixons was great but pc world and currys not so great

finerty 12:31 24 Mar 2011

but have a look on this forum about pc world its countless problems from hardrives to laptops going missing, faults not repaired and etc etc.

beynac 13:08 24 Mar 2011

I have used PC World on a number of occasions and always found them helpful and, for what I bought, good value.

Over the years, I have bought a couple of items which had a problem. They were exchanged without quibble straight away.

Dragon_Heart 00:07 28 Mar 2011

.... IMHO have been VERY lucky.

beynac 09:39 28 Mar 2011

Once may be luck. When it's several times, and every time I've used them, it cannot be just luck.

They have a huge customer base but we only normally see the complaints on forums such as this.

oresome 11:20 28 Mar 2011

The DSG chain certainly aren't in most high streets.

There's been a move to close down the smaller stores and concentrate on larger out of town stores.

I wonder if they've become impersonal as a result?

Chances are in the smaller shops, you'd see the same staff each time you went in so it wasn't easy to fob you off even if they wished to.

Forum Editor 19:40 28 Mar 2011

I've obviously been incredibly lucky, because I've never had a single problem with the company.

Bandy 19:53 28 Mar 2011

I, my friends and family, have all used PC World on numerous occasions over the years and only once have we encountered less than satisfactory service.

I think that's a pretty good record

Ex plorer 10:49 29 Mar 2011

I bought a PC from PC world it developed a problem and they came out and put it right.
It was a 77MHz so it shows it was long time ago but have used them since with no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?