Good skanner/printer for Uni advice please..thanks

bof:) 20:46 03 Aug 2005

Hi all, both sons off to uni soon and the 1 scanner/printer we have will no longer print.

If anyone knows of a reasonably priced scanner/printer in which he ink does not cost a fortune, could they please let me know and or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Mike

Phil930 04:14 04 Aug 2005

The HP PSC 1315 is very good for a budget printer/scanner at £75 from ebuyer.

click here

Alternatively, an even cheaper but almost identical version for £65 is the HP PSC 1410.

click here

I used the model prior to the 1410 throughout University and I have to say it was excellent. It held up when most needed, printing two copies of a 150page dissertation in one evening without any stress.

To be honest you can't beat these for the money in my opinion, although anti HP people will slaughter them for unknown reasons.

The ink will be the expensive part of the printer as this is where they make their profit. Its easy to sell a printer cheap as people always have to come back for the ink! However, once again Ebuyer came through for me providing blank ink for my HP at about £11 a cartridge and colour ink at about £17 a cartridge.

Find the appropriate ink within this section of Ebuyer:

click here

Hope this helps.

Jdoki 10:13 04 Aug 2005

Just bought an Epson RX420 - it's fantastic!

Excellent photo reproduction and general print quality, also has integrated scanner/copier and card reader.

The big bonus for me is that you can replace the ink cartridges individually - the HP and Canon machines I looked at only had a single colour cart, so no matter how much is left of any particular colour, if one runs out you have to replace the lot.

This machine can be found for around 85quid online.

One thing to note is that many printers do not come with a USB cable to connect to your PC, so make sure you have one spare or order one at the same time.

bof:) 13:59 04 Aug 2005

Hi All,

Thanks both of you, I'll check out the websites given.

many thanks again,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?