Good Service - Microsoft

Falkyrn 19:05 10 Nov 2006

Microsoft continually come in for stick so I thought I would just give an example of their good service.
My daughters Xbox 360 packed up on Saturday 4th November about 8pm - I checked on their web site saw the help centre was still open and contacted them. After going through a few checks with them they said the machine would have to go back to their centre but there no problems as machine was still under warranty.
The following day (Sunday) I received a returns label by email and a phone number for UPS to uplift from my home free of charge. The machine was uplifted on Monday afternoon and a replacement was returned to my home this afternoon (Friday 10th).
All in all a great example of how a technology company should treat warranty problems.

Stuartli 19:16 10 Nov 2006

An excellent response and outcome.

Forum Editor 08:52 11 Nov 2006

and indicative of the importance that Microsoft now places on customer service, particularly in such a highly compedtitive market sector.

It wasn't always the case; a dozen years ago you would have been unlikely to see such a post. Microsoft's attitude towards its customers was quite different in those days, and they came in for a lot of criticism. It started to change when Windows 95 was launched, and things have steadily improved ever since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017