Good news on customer service for a change !

nickf 19:35 30 Oct 2013

Just thought I would share my experience with you all . 15 months ago I purchased a PC from Scan , I also paid for extra warranty . I recently have had problems related to graphics and partial system failures . Scans tech support tried to help me resolve this . It was then found , that due to a clerical error , my warranty was not valid with Scan`s insurers ! within 2 hours Ben at Scan had arranged for an engineer to make an onsite visit , and for my SSD , PSU and GPU all to be replaced with upgraded parts with no cost to me . This has now been done . Ben has followed the whole process through , always answering my emails promptly , and being very helpful . I know Scan were liable for repairs anyway , but the good grace to admit the error , and the speed in which all stops were pulled out to rectify the problem , and see it to its conclusion is an excellent example of great customer service . They have certainly got my customer loyalty ! c

HondaMan 09:02 31 Oct 2013

Nice to have words of praise. All too often firms are criticised and sometimes unfairly, so.

spuds 10:36 31 Oct 2013

I am trying not to be negative here, but if Scan arranged the original extra insurance, they would have been responsible, whether a clerical error had been made or not?.

But on the positive, Scan did what perhaps could only be expected, and that is provide a no problem after-care service,which some companies do not seem to understand after a sale. So all credit to Scan?.

nickf 13:42 31 Oct 2013

Spuds , yes Scan were obviously still responsible for the repairs , but it was more the fact that they admitted the error as soon as it was found out , and did everything they could to rectify the situation , and were helpful and polite at all times .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?