GOOD internet services with a monthly contract?!

theDarkness 00:01 15 May 2007

Hi, im wondering if there are any good and reliable internet services that offer a monthly contract instead of yearly? thanks for any help, and any info from any customers on such a service would be fantastico! >:D

Totally-braindead 00:26 15 May 2007

Wrote a speel out and had to erase it, I know what you mean now, there are a couple. Have a look here for info click here

pj123 14:50 15 May 2007

Virgin used to do a monthly contract, but since taking over NTL I don't know whether that is still the case.

Metronet offer a PAYG Broadband service, there is a minimum fee of £11.75 on a monthly contract.

click here

Dipso 20:42 15 May 2007

All these ISP's - Zen, ADSL24 IDNet,Vivaciti, Newnet offer 1 month contract. There are some reviews here click here

Remember good and reliable may not always be cheap though.

lennyeggy 11:23 17 May 2007

anyone know of a broadband supplier that doesn't charge a activation charge (usually £40+).
I will be buying my own modem (I'm also worried about compatability issues if I buy my own???)

I don't want a 12 month contract as I might be moving within the year and I would like the freedom of moving to another supplier if the one I choose turn out to be a nightmare!

I've been surfing around and some sites say no activation fee but if you do not have broadband then BT charge £52.88 (ie ADSL24). My flatmate has free broadband with her orange mobile (rather unreliable and limited use) so does this mean that I don't have to pay for activiation... what exactly do they have to do for this money???

I'm confused! I just want broadband (fairly heavy use) paid monthly and no contract. (if free calls also good!)

any help would be appreciated and/or pointers to a website that explains such things to a newbie.
ta

grumpygramp 14:24 17 May 2007

Ndo .co.uk Is the one I use and the only one I would recommend .Monthly contracts reasonable download limits , and reasonable prices I am on their £14.95 a month contract.Customer service is very good also

Dipso 17:12 17 May 2007

I don't think such an ISP exists I'm afraid. I think it's either free activation or a 12 month contract or a buy out as they want to claw the connection fee back somehow...understandable I suppose.

My current supplier Be* are currently offering free connection and if you take the Be* Unlimited package the contract is 3 months. It's not that clear though whether the free connection includes new connections rather than migration but if they are available at your exchange you could email them and ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?