Good broadband / landline deals

Diodorus Siculus 08:55 08 Jul 2008

We are looking for a broadband / telephone deal for a new flat. It is in a Virginmedia area so that is possible but we don't want tv.

Who might be best to go with? The BB will be used very little I expect and the phone will be used mostly evening / weekends.

Cheers, Dio

Technotiger 09:17 08 Jul 2008

If in UK, I would thoroughly recommend BT. I have BT Broadband Option3 which provided me with a very good reliable Free BT HomeHub Version1.5 (Version 1.0 is NOT reliable) and BT Broadband Talk Telphone (Free evening and weekend calls and cheaper calls during day-light hours).

I know plenty of people poo-poo BT, but I have been with them for years, and have nothing but praise for all the good service I have had.

Diodorus Siculus 09:24 08 Jul 2008

Thanks - yes, in the UK - West London as it happens.

I've always used BT and have been happy with it. Just wondered if there were any cheaper options available for my friends as money is tight with a mortgage on a new flat at the moment.

Technotiger 09:32 08 Jul 2008

Cheaper? Yes, if they go for the cheaper Options 1 or 2, I think that at the moment they might even still get the Free HomeHub and BB Talk Telephone.
Give BT a call on their Freephone number, I am sure they will be happy to provide details. Or go to the BT site for the latest info.

spuds 10:12 08 Jul 2008
  Diodorus Siculus 14:37 08 Jul 2008

Cheers all. Much appreciated.

Stuartli 17:39 08 Jul 2008

You'll not beat TalkTalk for sheer value for money. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires