Good Address For E-Bay?

morddwyd 11:08 30 Sep 2017

Anybody have a !foolproof" (i.e. one that will get a response) for E-Bay?

I'm having trouble with a seller (wrong item sent but they want me to pay the return postage) and I can;t get any reply from either the seller or E-Bay and I need to escalate it.

Menzie 15:21 30 Sep 2017

How long ago did you send the email? It can take eBay up to 3 business days to respond to a claim.

Unfortunately the number and contact on the site is all I am aware of.

morddwyd 16:34 30 Sep 2017

It's over a week since the first attempt and three days since the last.

Most of the big on-line companies send at least an automated acknowledgement.

I would have expected e-bay to immediately imitated a dispute procedure.

Menzie 17:25 30 Sep 2017

That is odd, usually for eBay a reply comes through fairly quickly. They may be trying to contact the seller but even then it shouldn't take a week.

Is the seller offering any flexibility as to the postage back for the wrong item?

From what I see, eBay can be contacted on 0208-605-3000. It does seem directed towards Power Sellers but others have been helped with issues that they couldn't resolve through other means.

morddwyd 18:43 30 Sep 2017

What flexibility can there be?

Either they pay the postage or I do, and I'm not going to!

Unfortunately I am not good on the phone, which is why I want an e-mail address.

hastelloy 19:00 30 Sep 2017

[email protected] is the Managing Director of eBay UK.

Forum Editor 22:31 30 Sep 2017

Take a look at this. before you do anything else. As Menzie says, Ebay usually responds quite quickly, but you need to follow the steps suggested in my link.

morddwyd 09:12 01 Oct 2017

Thanks I'll keep the CEO in reserve, but I'll run down your link FE.

As you say, they're normally pretty good and I've used them for ages without major problems. Hopefully this is a one off glitch.

morddwyd 21:29 06 Oct 2017

Update

Surprisingly, still unable to get a reply using the Customer Services link, do I've used the CEO address, and hope for the best!

AroundAgain 22:25 08 Oct 2017

Would it be possible to get a friend to come round and phone on your behalf, perhaps? That is if you don't get any success with contacting CEO Wishing you best of luck

morddwyd 20:25 09 Oct 2017

Thank you.

I have heard back from e-bay; they have rejected my claim so it's now down to consumer law.

Just for interest, I went to this website

click here ordered what was headlined, a screen for the ASUS ZenPad 10 Z300m. If you scroll down you'll see that that is not what they were actually selling, which I say is unfair and they say is not!

I also intend to inform Asus that they are headlining their product but supplying another.

and

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?