Gas Appliance Check

tonyq 16:46 21 Dec 2008

I have been told that British Gas provide a free Gas Fire Check/service for the over 60s.I have searched there web site but cannot find anything about this. Can anyone confirm this? and if true point me in the right direction.

bremner 16:56 21 Dec 2008
  spuds 18:24 21 Dec 2008

In the Energywatch leaflet it mentions the Priority Service Register, which seems to indicate that anyone of pensionable age, have a disability, have long term ill health, are blind or visually impaired, then you can choose from a selection of free services. Free gas safety check seems to be one of these free services.

Contact your utility provider and see what they offer under the Priority Service Register.You may have to register to the scheme first.

bremner, doe's the link work, I keep getting an error and refusal message!.

Coffee Adict 18:54 21 Dec 2008

The link works fine for me, but its the usual story, you have to be in receipt of some kind of benefit as well as being of pension age.

Pine Man 19:00 21 Dec 2008

..and why not? Somebody has got to pay. It's not a nationalised industry.

Coffee Adict 19:11 21 Dec 2008

Not exactly on its uppers either. Sorry in grumpy old fogy mode, going out tomorrow to blow all my hard earned savings.

bremner 19:12 21 Dec 2008

I think it is you I have tried the link on two machines and it is fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?