gaming ststem needed

ouijaouija 16:20 06 Aug 2004

click here
Is this any good? can anyone recommend me cheap site?

click here seems very cheap too.

Urotsukidoji 16:59 06 Aug 2004

if you want to build your own, try scan or overclockers.co.uk, for a gaming system Processor ram, ram and more ram, and kick ass gfx.

for a built system try alienware, if money is no object.

specced a pci express game system recently with a 42" tri screen monitor, and top name bits. came in a shade under £3000 so the wife said no :'o(

ouijaouija 17:21 06 Aug 2004

I am buying with a STRICT budget. Any links to a decent gaming system site would be great.

I have no idea how to construct pcs so that is a nono for me.

Thanks

Urotsukidoji 17:25 06 Aug 2004

how strict is strict?

give me an idea of your budget and i will help if i can

BITS&BOBS 17:32 06 Aug 2004

Gaming system on a budget? look no further than this little baby:click here

ouijaouija 17:34 06 Aug 2004

by strict I mean about 600 maybe 700. This must include a cheapy monitor,graphics card, mouse, keyboard... and windxp... see my problem? I am loking for 512ram, about 3000xp(not too fussy give or take)

Thanks

Urotsukidoji 21:02 06 Aug 2004

difficult. very difficult
hmm
bits'n'bobs link on paper looks nice.

but why does it have raid? there is nothing to raid!
the gfx card is a bit weedy for the newr games - far cry/ halflife 2 (IF it ever comes out)/ Doom 3 - check out the benchmarks for the gfx card for these games

READ THE SMALL PRINT!

things to look out for are software support - premium rate (ie £1/min) for ALL software incl O/S - some do this, some do not check before you sign your life away

you could look at evesham, - some hate em some love em, see the fence? thats where you will find me, not being an evesham customer, i can't pass comment - and please boys and girls no "i hate evesham" posts - this is not the place

click here for the evesham pc @ £799

or with "a bit of techie knowledge" (ie played with lego/meccano as a kid j/k :oP ) try a barebone system and add to it. for instance: click here
and build from there. i just ran a test spec, WITHOUT KBD/MOUSE/MONITOR/ speakers and onboard sound, but with a nvidia 256 gfx card coming in at a gnats under £800 - i know its over your stated budget, BUT if you want a gaming system like you say you WILL need a meaty gfx card to cope with all the Anti Aislising and shading stuff these newr games are using. and they weigh in at around £250-£350 mark.

see if you can cut corners, use your old monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse.

weigh up what you want vs what you need - this is very very hard to do because you will, like most of us convince yourself what you want is what you need. kids in sweetshops and all that ;oP

let us know how you get on

ouijaouija 21:25 06 Aug 2004

One of the few places that seem to have bargain stuff is ginger6.com

If you take a look there and customise you will come up with a cheaper desktop than anywhere else. COuld someone please check out the components etc they offer in the systems? Thanks

I have pasted what I want below and that al important price.

I was thinking...

Athlon XP3000+ 333FSB Barton processor
ASRock K7S8X Motherboard
512mb Kingston memory
120gg 7200rpm IDE
FX5700 geforce graphics card
Windows xp
cdx52 (upgradable)
Monitor, keyboard, mouse,modem
4x USB2 Ports - 2 Front, 2 Rear
12 months RTB Warranty

Comes to about £600

ouijaouija 21:27 06 Aug 2004
  BITS&BOBS 14:48 09 Aug 2004

Not bad for £700inc and a score of 5250 in 3DMark03 back up it's not light weight in gaming power:click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?