Gaming PC Upgrading Priority list

bambam22 12:56 18 Nov 2013
Answered

Ok guys i am looking to upgrade my gaming rig piece by piece over the next few months and wanted an opinion on the priority for upgrading.

Current spec

Operating System - Windows 7 home prenium 64 bit

CPU - amd FX - 8120 Zambezi 32mm Tech

Ram - 16GB dual channel DDR3

Motherboard - Asus M5A78L-m/USB 3 AM3R2

Graphics - 1023MB NVIDIA geforce GTX 550 Ti

Hard Drives - 1TB HDD Seagate

I am currently playing BF4 and COD Ghosts and am noticing lag on the load screens, basically if i play ceretain maps i miss the first round of the game due to loading times.

Hence the reason to want to upgrade.

I have already purchased a SSD but have yet to install it, do u think this will help?

My other plan was to buy a second NVIDIA geforce GTX 550 Ti and SLI t them, coul dpick the card up for a s l;ittle as £50 so may be a cheap upgrade option.

Failing all this my plan is to upgrade the rig piece by piece, so i guess my question is what parts would you replace in my rig, and once taken out what would you put back in.

Cheers for the advice in advance.

Mike

retep888™ 14:31 19 Nov 2013
Answer

<< My other plan was to buy a second NVIDIA geforce GTX 550 Ti and SLI t them, coul dpick the card up for a s l;ittle as £50 so may be a cheap upgrade option. >>

Don't SLI two weak GPUs (it'll probably give you 10-15% performance boost), you'd be better off selling the GTX 550ti & get a GTX 760 instead.

<< I have already purchased a SSD but have yet to install it, do u think this will help? >>

Yes indeed, loading time will be much improved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?