Gaming laptop purchase advice

Jdoki 16:50 25 Jan 2007

I've been looking for a laptop and was looking at a machine from PCNextDay. However the numerous bad experiences recounted on this site has started to put me off.

The model I was looking at was the Zoostorm 5-5001 for 800quid inc VAT excl delivery.

If anyone can advise on a similar machine for a similar price (£850max) I'd really appreciate it.

The main usage will be gaming, but a 17" screen is out of the equation as the unit needs to run on battery for more than 10minutes and not require a trolley to move around!! :) Plus I have a large screen to connect it to when I'm at home.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (at least 1.8GHz)
Graphics: ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7600 (no less)
RAM: 2GB (no less)
Screen: 13 - 15.4" (max size, 17" too big)
HDD: 100 to 120GB (Bigger the better!)
DVD-RW
Preferably a DVI output
Wireless

Not fussed about a Vista Upgrade but wouldn't say no!

Have tried Dell, laptopsdirect, Alienware, RockDirect and a few others but nothing comes close to PCNextDay.

Thanks.

The Brigadier 17:15 25 Jan 2007

Toshiba.
Built well, good parts & they last!

tammer 22:33 25 Jan 2007

I'd suggest doing a search of this forum for "PCNextDay" and you may have your eyes opened.

Jdoki 22:51 25 Jan 2007

I did exactly that - 14 results - most of them bad if not absolutely terrible, which is why my original post is asking if someone can suggest an alternative to PCNextDay offering a similar spec/price to the Zoostorm 5-5001'?

Anyone...

...please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?