Game shop

kench 19:13 16 Oct 2004

Why is it possible to bring PS.2,X Box,Gamecube,games back to "GAME" The shop after 10 days for whatever reason. Yet P.C. games are excluded from this 10 day period and we all know how dodgy installing a pc game can be even after checking system requirements. Do you think this is unfair Iknow I do!

GibsonSt19 19:24 16 Oct 2004

I guess it's down to PC-CDROM games being far easier to copy. I know that when I used to 'take backups' for GAME, I'd simply take the product back and have a refund. I'd bet my bottom dollar that I wasn't the only one doing that.

I still think game are excellent though, and do tend to buy most of my games through them.

zincy 19:42 16 Oct 2004

And pc games usually has cd keys... which can be used for online gaming.
So someone could just 'buy' the game for the cd key and return it

SANTOS7 19:31 17 Oct 2004

click here Having read this there is nothing written down which suggest's that PC games are excluded from the 10 day return period, unless i've missed something or they are saying it is an unwritten rule, this should not affect your statutory rights

Esso43 16:59 18 Oct 2004

I have returned PC-CD games in the past most recently when Red Revolution (I think) came out. The game did not lve up to expectations (I had been waiting something like 4 years in eager anticipation) and there was no problem in returning it.

Have they changed the policy?

woody147 17:22 18 Oct 2004

I tried to return 'the Sims 2' to "Game" the day after purchasing, due to install problems - only to be told that they don't do this because it's so easy to copy them. They'd offer me a replacement but not a refund. Great. If they're going to stick to this policy, I dont exactly think its fair to
(1) class everyone as a criminal because some people copy CD's / games
(2) state on the receipt "If you are not happy with your purchase, will will offer you a replacement or a full refund within 10 days of purchase".
They should really say "we will offer you a replacement or a refund, as long as it's not a PC game in which case you'll only get a replacement".

harps1h 19:54 18 Oct 2004

i used to buy from game but found their prices high on high profile new releases. I recently stumbled upon a new place to but called click here

the new add on pack for COD was only £13.99 delivered and that was to N.Ireland where we normally get charged a premium.
they are advertising PES 4 at £17.95 delivered. Guess who gets my order!

kench 22:08 18 Oct 2004

I think it is Games new policy, buy it dont like it,or wont run on your p.c,hard luck your stuck with a game you dont want?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?