Game recommendation - Racing

lisa02 13:23 07 Feb 2008

I like racing games and I thoroughly enjoy Project Gotham on the 360... I have some of the Need for Speed games for PC but they are more into background game play.

I want one that's more racing and realistic for the PC

donki 13:40 07 Feb 2008

Colin McRea Dirt is a good shout, to be honest there is a sivere lack of good driving games. Gone are the days of Grand Prix, Indy Car and Driver! Such a shame in my opinion.

Marko797 14:12 07 Feb 2008

cos it will get ur heart 'racing'...not what u wanted I know Lisa, but a good game all the same.

Totally-braindead 14:24 07 Feb 2008

I like the Need For Speed Underground ones I haven't been that keen on the newer titles though. Also like the Colin McRae games. They are semi realistic in that a particular car will handle differently from another. You mention the X box 360 and if its that you are talking about I don't know whats available for it.
Perhaps look at Gamespot website for some reviews of 360 games and see if you can find something.

lisa02 14:30 07 Feb 2008

I want them for PC. I was just giving an example of a racing game that I liked and wanted something similar for PC.

Thanks all.

Marko797 I played that a while back, never completed it though... I'm on COD4 at the min

Marko797 15:01 07 Feb 2008

I've only tried the demo, but could find the "2nd level" which the chap is telling me to go to and take out the tanks with the Javelin rocket system.

What's ur verdict so far on COD4?

Gamer555 16:45 07 Feb 2008

Rfactor, Live For Speed, Race07, Colin Mcrae DIRT and GTR2 are some example of good PC racing games. But to get the most out of them, you need a decent racing wheel such as the Logitech G25.

keef66 17:00 07 Feb 2008

Anything Colin McRae for me; I find them pretty realistic. I don't like grand prix type stuff, and find the PGR / NFS types, despite the awesome graphics, just too far fetched to keep me interested. The kids love them though, but spend as much time customising cars as racing

roddypoddy 17:38 07 Feb 2008

GTR2,or GT Legends,both stunning,with a host of mods and extras available on the net.And both now pretty cheap,though you may want to factor in a wheel.

lisa02 20:11 07 Feb 2008

Cod4 is good I've only been on it a few hours though and keep getting killed :( It's like controlling your own movie the graphics are that realistic.

Been browsing and Game have lots of suggested titles in their 2 for £15/£25 range.

Test Drive Unlimited and Sega Rally where two that stood out. I'll trip down to the shopping centre tomorrow and grab a couple.

Cheers guys.

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:26 07 Feb 2008

the 'Burnout' series? Best racing games I've ever played!
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?