The Gadget Show Prizes

Border View 23:10 16 Dec 2008

I occasionally watch The Gadget Show. Think its on Channel 4. Every week they have this competition with a stupendous amount of prizes. One of these competitions with the dead easy answer.

Question: Does anyone know of anyone who has actually won a set of these prizes. I cant find information about prize winners anywhere.

curofone 23:48 16 Dec 2008

The gadget show is on channel five and is normally a very good show, The competitions are for real and on one episdoe thay actually video the delievery of all the items to one winner which was quite amusing as he lived in a pretty small house and did not have room for most of it.

All of the winners of the gadget show competitions are listed on the channel five website along with all other channel five competitions. click here

curofone 23:53 16 Dec 2008

Here is the video of the winning guy i was talking about click here

Border View 16:42 17 Dec 2008

Thank you curofone.

Border View 16:43 17 Dec 2008

So I might be the final winner eh?

Hoseman 18:07 17 Dec 2008

I was thinking the same thing but the video proves is proof and its great to see someone winning it. Must be ace!!

curofone 18:34 17 Dec 2008

there is no way that the competition could be fake, imagine how many millions they would get fined if it was found out to fake.

and think how much these competition really cost for the production company to put on, next to nothing, the infastructer for the phone and texting would already be in place through five and what ever company they pay to handle all their competition and i bet they get the prize at cost price from the manufacturers as it is great advertising for them considering the prizes are always the gadgets they have recommended on the show to be the best. I think on monday they said the prizes were worth £17,000 and i bet it does not even cost the production company half of that and at £1.50 a time to enter i am sure they get more than enough people to make a nice profit.

If you can afford the £1.50 you have a far better chance of winning this than the lottery, although the prize is quite a bit less

Border View 11:06 18 Dec 2008

I am not saying it is fake. I was merely looking to hear from anyone who might contribute to PCA who was or knows a prize winner. It was only by asking the question here that I even found a list of winners.

I return to my question - does anyone who contributes to PCA know personally of anyone who has won this competition.

Border View 11:07 18 Dec 2008

Channel Five - Archive of winners: click here

Stuartli 16:21 19 Dec 2008

The current competition prizes (claimed to be worth £17,500) would suit me down to the ground and, no doubt, the younger offspring would want his pick..:-)

jakimo 22:04 19 Dec 2008

As well as good value prizes to be won,the prog.is worth a look to see what gadget\tv\etc. is a best buy...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?