Fujitsu Amilo Pa 2548?

songbird72884 21:24 13 Jul 2008

I'm looking for a new laptop and my parents decided I should get the computer here: click here

Im feeling a bit nervous because I've seen varying reviews ranging from 'the only good thing is it runs Windows' to 'the best laptop I've ever had'.

Can anyone give me any advice as to whether we've made the right decision? I mainly plan to use it for listening to music (mostly on headphones), watching dvds and videos (both on the computer and online), making cds from mp3s, recording my own music through mic and mixing, word processing, playing a handful of games (mostly low-intensity things like chess etc, as well as the Sims 2, about the only intensive game I play), and surfing the net. I also like to do amateur/simple graphic work using programs like Photofiltre and PSP.

Is this computer likely to be good for my needs? Also, is it reliable? I'm not counting on it being perfect as I've been putting up with a rather poor quality Toshiba that hasn't had working speakers and only off-and-on working USB ports for the last 3 years, and very slow operation, but I would like to have something that I won't have to be replacing parts on every few months and that I can use relatively problem-free for at least a short while, though I have no idea how well laptops last and start out.

Thanks all!

vaengr 14:53 14 Jul 2008

I've had mine for a while and they are more than capble of what your looking for - and a bit more I use it for Video editing as well. It's nothing fancy just a good spec and I would say medium build quality so as long as it's not shoved in a rucksac and carried around constantly you shouldn't have any problems.

I got mine from click here - Tesco have a better price and points too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone