Freecom USB External Hard Drives ?

freaky 18:17 12 May 2007

Need an external USB(2) HD for my Wife's PC to use as a backup. Novatech are selling them quite cheaply....are they good drives ?

richardcockbain 19:09 12 May 2007

I've been looking at these for backing up my home PCs and am amazed at the low price for the amount of storage. I cannot comment on them myself but if you go the site below you'll find some positive user feedback.

click here

Hope this helps.

wjrt 19:15 12 May 2007
  freaky 19:41 12 May 2007

Not too keen on Maxtor, had one of their Internal HD's fail a few months back.

Also got A Maxtor One Touch external HD on one PC and it's very slow, also the on/off switch is a bit dicky !

rdave13 19:54 12 May 2007

I haven't got a Freecom external harddrive but have their external DVD optical drive. Had it for a year now and seems well built and no problems. Would buy a harddrive from them if I needed one.

Terry Brown 19:57 12 May 2007

Freaky

Sorry you seem to be unlucky, I have been using Maxtor drives for quite a while now, and when I did have a problem (the drive was about 3 years old), I contacted Maxtor, who recommended their own drive tester and repairer, which worked perfect; I an still using the disk (now as backup) and it is 6 years old.
Terry

hzhzhzhz 22:05 12 May 2007

I've had a Freecom Classic 160gb for 4 months.No problems as yet.

click here
use the google checkout and you save £14 on the novatech price

Joe R 22:18 12 May 2007

freaky,

I've had a Freecom classic 250Gb external drive for around 18 months now, and with almost daily usage, have never had a single problem.

lester1 23:49 12 May 2007

Same as Joe R no problems

smoking44 01:28 13 May 2007

no problems with my freecom external drive these past 12 months

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?