Freecom connection

EFC1878 23:15 10 Jan 2006

A short while ago I posted a question concerning Freecom DVB-T and got some really useful feedback.

In the post I said that I had got the unit working albeit a bit flaky at times.

I want to try and connect to the bhousehold coxail aerial to see if it can work better but have noticed thta the connection into the usb unit is larger than the normal coaxial connection.

Where can I buy larger connectors?

Do I have to do anything to configure the unit to work with the household anntenna rather than the small portable stick antenna provided?

PaulB2005 23:18 10 Jan 2006

The end of the supplied antenna pulls off to make an adaptor for your house hold lead. You don't need anything else.

PaulB2005 23:18 10 Jan 2006

and you don't need to configure anything except maybe run the scan again for channels.

EFC1878 23:26 10 Jan 2006

PaulB2005

Excellent. Thanks for that tip. I would not have ntoiced that or had the courage to play around in case I damaged the supplied anntenna.

I will connect using the coaxial and scan the channels to see how I get on and will post the result.

Cheers.

EFC1878 22:42 16 Jan 2006

Have connected to the coaxial and not surprisingly the results ar emuch better.

However the signal is still flaky at times (In a previous psot I explained that my post code is not supposed to be able to get freeview so the fact that we do is a bonus) and I recorded an ITV programme tonight with mixed results.

I would like to both imprtove the signal and I also need to share the coaxial with the TV in the room that the cable is located.

So this lead sme to my question - would it be worth my while investing in a 2-way aerail booster (Argos ell em for £8.99). I have used these in the past with success.

PaulB2005 23:48 16 Jan 2006

I use one as we get poor reception (although we are very close to Crystal Palace we have 3 hills and a railway embankment around us. If it wasn't for the Mobile Phone mast virtually in our back garden we'd get no mobile signal either....) and it does make the signal better. Sometimes it's slow to start stating "Low Signal" but either wait 30 seconds or shut down the software are restart and we're ready to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?