free vista upgrade and moduslink farce

frankie 20:01 15 Jun 2007

acer free vista upgrade and moduslink nightmare,bought qualifing laptop,sent off for free vista upgrade,waited months since jan 07,always showed as pending,sent all my documents,loads of emails,now the qualifing period has ended,they say order cancelled, i dont intend to let this drop....there are loads of others from all different companies dell.sony etc affected by this...i bought laptop from comet, a acer one.which clearly stated free vista upgrade...can any one tell me if my contract has been breached..and is my recourse of action back to comet under the sale of goods act?.at the worst can i reject the laptop if vista upgrade disc is now not going to be forthcoming,bought in jan 07..worried re the time i have spent waiting,i would not have got laptop if i knew this was going to happen,the laptop works fine on xp,but feeling conned...thanks for looking

frankie 20:06 15 Jun 2007

had two phone calls from comet,one from head office manager,hopefully this will be resolved soon if they keep there word,will see what happens next week and post back so if this affects you,keep watching,as i now have a head office phone number to someone in the know.

frankie 20:30 23 Jul 2007

re comet

lucyjane2000 16:00 25 Jul 2007

I'm at my wits end, no one will help me not even comet! I tried that number you gave but cant seem to get through. Did you call any other number first?

Thanks so much for your help again
Lucy

frankie 20:15 30 Jul 2007

can you post on the vista one re this,maybe he has had so many calls,as this effects lots of comet customers,find head office phone number try this Head Office:

Comet Group plc
Comet House
Three Rivers Court
Rickmansworth,
Hertfordshire,
WD3 1FX

Tel: +44 (0)1923 710000
my advice go to town hall yout local trading standards get them involved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?