Free dell laptop when?

Daxsimus 15:09 01 Sep 2007

Hi guys,
Saw the following:

click here

Free laptop through Carphone Warehouse but does anyone know what date it starts? Doesn't seem to say unless I am being totally blind.

Thanks Dax

Clapton is God 16:02 01 Sep 2007

"Doesn't seem to say"

No, it doesn't - at least not in so many words.

But what it does say is "register now - with no commitment - and you'll be advised when the offer is launched".

alan2273 23:16 01 Sep 2007

Free the laptop may be but a Celeron processor and they say it is worth £450, some one is having a laugh.

harps1h 00:05 02 Sep 2007

they certainly are. but not everyone is as knowledgeable as those on the server and the 5/8th guy on the street doesn't know a celeron from a celery

SANTOS7 00:09 02 Sep 2007

Minimum contract with AOL for 24 months, think i'd rather have the Celery...

smoking44 00:21 02 Sep 2007

They will give you a laptop that is at least 3yrs out of date.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:00 02 Sep 2007

There is some utter rubbish being written here. The laptop is perfectly good and they retail for around £550/£650 but with a better processor. For the use of 99% of the population the Celeron processor is more than adequate. If the offer costs no more than normal broadband, even with a 2 yr contract (you will find that many people have been with their provider for 2+ years, including myself) and if you are happy with AOL (as many are) the laptop will be great as a primary use machine or for the children. Don't listen to processor snobs.

G

spuds 11:59 02 Sep 2007

PC World/Orange now CPW/AOL. Appears that they are all doing similar offers, perhaps as a students incentive!.

No doubt other companies will follow, but watch out for fixed contract terms.

Daxsimus 14:43 02 Sep 2007

Thx for all responses.
Not bothered myself about the processor as the laptop will be used by the kids keeping them off mine.

wolfie3000 16:01 02 Sep 2007

I agree,

Firstly iv been with AOL for nearly 4 years and its perfect for my needs,

The laptop itself would be perfect for students and school kids,

ALso general websurfing and e-mail,

Obviously you wont be able to play high spec games or do full 3d rendering, but for schools kids and such its perfect.

wjrt 17:51 02 Sep 2007

click here
at the time of this posting the laptop was due in September so it could be available shortly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?