Free AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 Professional worth GBP 21.

mymate 16:42 26 Dec 2007

click here

Sloman just put this on Hotdeals. If anyone was thinking of buying it, its free .
Think i will stick with Comodo and Avast

sean-278262 18:48 26 Dec 2007

Brill. Another app to add to my software DVD. Cheers for the link.

Coupon 19:21 26 Dec 2007

What are the differences between the Free and Pro versions? Is it worth upgrading from the Free to Pro version for the casual home user?

mymate 08:57 27 Dec 2007

click here

Coupon,scroll down to 2nd page.

Coupon 12:19 27 Dec 2007

That looks like a NO to me then

mymate 13:45 27 Dec 2007

Coupon.And me,i dont want it either.I like what i got.But someone might want it. I never got on with Avg .

birdface 18:09 27 Dec 2007

I want it but can't download it.None of his click here's work for me.

birdface 18:13 27 Dec 2007

AVG one of the best freebies.How can you not get on with it.But then again I am not keen on Avast so I suppose to each their own.

mymate 19:00 27 Dec 2007

click here
buteman try this download.Its rapid share.I downloaded it but not installed it.
On the free version of Avg i always found it would never update ,oh ,or was that Zone Alarm !
I like Avast too much to get rid of it.

cocteau48 19:42 27 Dec 2007

Strange statement from the original magazine download page: "Were giving away AVG 7.5 pro to protect your PC for 12 months - or until AVG stop supporting the software whichever is sooner"
Sounds like a huge getout to me. Could it mean that if they advance to version 7.6 you are left high and dry.
I am more than happy with the free version and see no need to upgrade to the Pro version - free or not.

birdface 21:06 27 Dec 2007

Do you mean that I have to download Rapid Share to be able to download AVG.Hmm probably just stay with the free version.Cocteau48 there was a rumour last year that AVG were going to stop the free version.And everyone would need to pay to use it.Not heard anything since mind you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?