Foreign currency exchange

Sapins 08:44 09 Sep 2008

Anyone used one of the currency exchange companies. I want to exchange some £'s for Euros.

hastelloy 09:07 09 Sep 2008

so when I use my debit card in an ATM, I get a good rate of exchange and no charges. I never change money before I go abroad now.

Clapton is God 14:22 09 Sep 2008

Use the Post Office. They don't charge a commission.

version8 14:57 09 Sep 2008

Tesco's are quiet good.

Kevscar1 16:04 09 Sep 2008

If you use the Post Office do it via the internet. The rate you get is much higher than across the counter as I found out to my expense ib Aug

GRIDD 16:06 09 Sep 2008

Marks and Spencer click here

Sapins 17:47 09 Sep 2008

Sorry folks, should have said I live in France:-(

Sapins 22:36 09 Sep 2008

anchor 13:08 10 Sep 2008

Sapins: I remember that you live in France, and the picture of your beautiful area that you posted some time ago.

As most of the members of this forum are based in the UK, I doubt that we can help. From my wide travels in France I cannot recall any especially good locations for currency exchange.

I suggest you ask around locally, especially with any ex-pats in your area. As you may know, the rate of exchange for £ to € is very low at present. I got 1.20€/£ this week, which was as good as I could find locally.

john bunyan 16:04 10 Sep 2008

Sapins. I lived in the Netherlands for about 10 years. I had a Euro bank account there and a sterling account in the uk, and found it best to send money from one to the other via the bank's "Swift" or similar system. Then you can have bank ATN cards in both countries. I also have an account in Australia for similar reasons.

Adam08 15:01 25 Sep 2008

If you're looking for convenience and want to buy money online and pick it up at the airport from many places around the world, I would suggest Travelex click here

I have used them and its quite convenient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?