Flat Panel display monitors

Fatbelly 07:50 28 May 2005

Hi,
I am not a regular on here so if this has been done before then my apologies.

We are about to change the main house PC. What do people recommend in terms of a monitor.

I like the look and footprint size of a flat panel display monitor and i have checked the review pages on this site. but what do real users like yourselves think of them? How do they compare to with CRT monitors.
As a guide we surf the net and do all the other PC type things (write documents etc etc). The one thing that does concern me is that I am keen digital photographer and have been told that the picture image is not as good on a flat panel.

What does everyone think.
Thanks Fatbelly

[email protected] 08:51 28 May 2005

who ever told you LCD digital monitors are crap is talking thro his/her hat.
I have used a 17in TFT for years and do some photo work not a problem the normal key is the graphic card you use. I can advise you go for a 19in plenty of offers eg dabs ebuyer etc shop around and you will find one at a price that suits you. TFT have come on a lot from only few years ago
the main comparison TFT with CRT is the simple fact weight Tft is a lot lighter and does not take up space on your desk
Yes the one I have a Relysis does have 1 dead spot on the screen but nowadays you wil be lucky to find any manufacturing has progressed because of customer returns in a few instances
My advice GOFORIT

Mr Mistoffelees 13:54 28 May 2005

LCD/TFT monitors are so good now I can't think of any good reason for not choosing one rather than a CRT unless you are on a VERY tight budget.

Border Collie 14:12 28 May 2005

Fatbelly, don't hesitate to get one.

It may appear strange at first because you have been looking at a slightly convex screen. When you get your TFT it will appear concave until you get used to it.

If you offered me a new 19" CRT for my little 15" TFT I would decline.

Less eye strain, clearer picture, great for photography etc etc.

click here

Border Collie 14:13 28 May 2005

Fatbelly, don't hesitate to get one.

It may appear strange at first because you have been looking at a slightly convex screen. When you get your TFT it will appear concave until you get used to it.

If you offered me a new 19" CRT for my little 15" TFT I would decline.

Less eye strain, clearer picture, great for photography etc etc.

click here

Joe R 14:25 28 May 2005

click here

click here

These are dependant on your budget, but both will be good for games and video, with the 12ms response time.

I have the LG monitor, and would highly recommend it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)