fiscal phone support

charlton200 19:28 27 Feb 2007

Hi,
I just wondered if anyone has had to ring there phone support line. I have had to twice and had to hang up both times because the line is so bad that i can't hear a thing they are saying and they also seem to be workers in a different country.
Do you don't know if there support line is based abroad . i have had to hang up both times as its been a waste of time.

i just wondered if there was anyone else thats had problems?

charlton200 19:29 27 Feb 2007

Sorry that was ment to be Tiscali.

Jimmy14 19:37 27 Feb 2007

I've phoned them on several ocassions about the shoddy speeds I received on the 8Mb Package. Their support center is based in India so it is quite hard understanding them. It sometime takes a while to get through but I tried my hardest to understand them and it was ok.

charlton200 19:38 27 Feb 2007

Sorry that was ment to be Tiscali.

charlton200 19:41 27 Feb 2007

I could not understand them at all. I caught one or two words and that was it.Not much point in having a support line if you can't hear them.

Jimmy14 19:48 27 Feb 2007

I have an outstanding e-ticket from their website to be updated by one of their representatives. I can't be botherd phoning them to be told the same thing each time so I prefer typing. It seems to me that when you submit a problem via this service, they reply to it but when you update it they won't reply. That was the 12th of february I updated it and am still waiting on a reply. I would give their cust

Jimmy14 19:50 27 Feb 2007

I would give their customer service an overall 3/10 and speed 5/10. I also got a email on Saturday saying I was downloading too much and if it continued they would limit my usage. If they try and limit my usage then I will simply move supplier. I don't usually download much but my friend asked me to download Suse Linux at 3.7Gb on Friday night for him. Only took about an hour mind you.

charlton200 19:54 27 Feb 2007

My year is coming up and I'm looking else where.

Stuartli 13:06 28 Feb 2007

The query is about Tiscali's PHONE support - not broadband.

Tiscali only offers a phone service to BT line subscribers but, I suspect, if you contacted BT it would refer you back to Tiscali.

Stuartli 13:07 28 Feb 2007

Above posting is based on the assumption that charlton200 is complaining about his Tiscali phone service, rather than telephoning a support line (it's somewhat ambiguous).

charlton200 13:32 28 Feb 2007

My BT line is fine. I am even happy with my Tiscali broadband service.
What I am not happy about is on the occasions i have had to ring tiscali phone support, I have not been able to hear what the person was saying,and the person seem to be in enough country, and I was only able to catch a couple of words, which renders it useless, in my book.

I was only asking if it was my line or were other people suffering the same problem.
My phone line is usually very good.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?