Firefox. 91 Browser. I`d like to recommend it.

Trev-199290 14:33 16 Jul 2004

If you have not tried this web browser yet I suggest you have a go with it.

It has a built in pop-up stopper which works exceedingly well, I uninstalled my pop-up stopper when I made Firefox my default browser.

It has its own download manager, Which if used with star downloader. which can pause a download and is so much easier than explorer.
click here

It also has tab browsing which once you have used you will not want to back to explorer.

There are various add-ons and themes you can download and everything is free.

Try it and let me know what you think.
click here

There is an e-mail inbox program as well which I have not used yet, cos I use web mail.
click here

€dstowe 14:43 16 Jul 2004

The 0.9.2 version is even better!

Trev-199290 14:55 16 Jul 2004

Did not realise.92 was out.
Downloading now.

Trev-199290 15:50 16 Jul 2004

What is the difference between.9.1 & .9.2.

€dstowe 16:12 16 Jul 2004

Some extra security measures added following a new exposé about IE.

Mister Splendid©® 20:29 16 Jul 2004

I was initially impressed but only untill the shortcomings became apparent. Now I have moved on to trying Opera. early impression is that Opera is better.

SEASHANTY 21:38 16 Jul 2004

Opera still had a security flaw tho'
click here

dagwoood 22:35 16 Jul 2004

I've been using Firefox for a couple of months now(after taking VoG™'s advice)and it would take a lot for me to use another browser now.

With all the extensions you can add and customize it to how you want it(instead of a large download with items included that you'd never use!)is one of its strengths. You have a browser that does what YOU want it to do.

An added bonus, that's been in the limelight recently, is with regards to security issues. Most exploits are targeted at internet explorer and so Firefox is safer to use. Admittedly, there was a security flaw found with it a couple of weeks ago, but unlike microsofts responses to security flaws, a patch was available quickly(hence the release of version 0.9.2.).

As to using Opera, I have tried it and it was quick, but I found the look of it cluttered and it seems to take up too much of my monitors real estate.

Only one minor niggle, I wish it could stay in memory all the while(as per Mozilla)so it would load quicker. (Got round this by having Firefox load a boot up and set this process to run at High every time I open it).

Sorry for the "War and Peace" posting but I think this is a GREAT browser, daz.

dagwoood 22:39 16 Jul 2004

AND IT'S FREE.

canard 22:46 16 Jul 2004

Using Firefox because of the security but find it slower than IE when it's really clamped down on security and it's greedier on ram.

Diodorus Siculus 09:16 17 Jul 2004

Mister Splendid©®

What shortcomings have you found in it? I have a few niggles but the extensions have added much functionality to it. I am intereseted in hearing what problems people have found with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?