female, technophobe seeks help! :)

gemmaelizabeth 16:20 26 Jan 2008

Hi there,
i'm a student trying to pay some bills so am looking at selling my sony vaio pcg-791m laptop,its in great condition and ive never had any problems with it, i'm just really not sure how much its worth??? I asked a guy at a computer store that buys second hand computers but i'm pretty sure he worked out i didn't have a clue and tried to scam me a bit (£85-95...?)so, just wondering realisticaly what i could get for it? Any help would really really be appreciated :)
Thank-you,
Gemma.

Clapton is God 16:40 26 Jan 2008

Duplicate thread click here

megapack 17:00 26 Jan 2008

Gemma, I would says it's all down to how much, someone is prepared to pay for it? It depends on the age of the laptop and it's overall spec.

With new PC's and laptop's getting cheaper and cheaper all the time, I reckon the demand for second hand IT equipment is dropping.

The best you can hope for, is to find someone who is on a tight budget and is not worried about having the latest equipment.

Please don't forget to remove all personal data by using some kind of eraser software, or have the laptop formatted.

spuds 18:05 26 Jan 2008

Check out eBay or the weekly Micro Mart magazine for similar laptops that are being offered for sale.

Clapton is God 18:12 26 Jan 2008

Have you looked at the duplicate thread?

E-bay was the first suggestion made.

spuds 18:35 26 Jan 2008

Whoops ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?