Faulty Image sensors

Smiler 13:40 27 Jun 2007

This article came out in Oct 2005 click here
But I didn't read it as at the time I didn't have a problem.
I recently went to use my Canon MV650i DV camera and the screen was blank in record mode but ok when playing a recorded tape.
I went on the canon site yesterday and found this article click here(37383),TemplateSet=Canon_SServe_Cust,Question=ref(SEK):::CSCBNSSBNJ,Question=ref(UT):::EU1,varset_lang=en,varset_country=UK,VARSET_URLLOC=self-service.canon-europe.com/uk/pages/ss_Layout.cgi,VARSET_ExitWin=Exit&LANG=encontacted
So I contacted canon UK who said it was a known fault and to contact nearest repair agent.
I phoned the Centre at Borehamwood and the gentleman confirmed the fault and said he would send me a return label for UPS, which arrived this morning.
I Packed the camera up in the original box and contacted UPS at about noon. The parcel was collected just after 1pm.
I am now waiting to see how long it will be before the camera returns.

Smiler 13:39 04 Jul 2007

Well the camera was collected at about 1pm last Wednesday 27th June and it was returned to me just after 1pm today.
Works perfect. No charge but would have cost £113.15 plus postage if I had had to pay.
The CCD Assembly is £24 and almost £90 labour.

Well done Canon very quick turn around.

Wish we could edit posts as I would be able to reduce the width of my original posting :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache