Fasthosts

silverous 15:08 16 May 2008

Registered with fasthosts today to register a new domain. Spent an hour or so trying the process but their website kept failing. In the end I emailed support and asked them to cancel my account and delete my card details.

Without any comment they emailed back to say I have to follow their cancellation process and call a particular department.

If I have asked them in writing to do this, I would have though that would be sufficient. Do I have to follow their process? In their shoes I would have been concerned about my experience and not putting me through further inconvenience in having to phone up and presumably be persuaded to stay.

silverous 15:11 16 May 2008

Oh, and can anyone recommend a decent company for registering a domain?

I'd had good experience (other than the various security breaches and poor handling thereof) of fasthosts at work previously.

spuds 16:58 16 May 2008

I have used 1&1 for a number of years now, and in that time never had any real problems.

conrail 16:21 22 May 2008

used fasthosts for a number of years no problem and they have been very helpful when I have called or emailed them, saying that I have not tried to cancel but as I have been with them so long I asume I just don't renew if I want to stop

silverous 19:05 22 May 2008

I've used 123-reg for this requirement. I was distinctly unimpressed with fasthosts security breaches, more so with their handling of them - and their new domain registration process not working for the best part of half a day and then their attitude to closing my account all led to my decision to look elsewhere. A shame, as other than the security issues my experience of them, their support and systems had been good until now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?