Fanless graphics card

Newuser681 10:29 19 Mar 2006

I am looking to build my first pc, and am looking at the Gigabyte NVIDIA Fanless 6600GT (pci-e) Graphics card. Does anyone have any experience with this card at all? Are they OK for games?

Totally-braindead 12:01 19 Mar 2006

I don't know about the Gigabyte fanless card but the 6600GT is a good card and will play anything that is out there at the moment, I have the MSI 6600GT, I would suggest though that you buy a motherboard with SLI, that way when it struggles you can buy a second 6600GT instead of having to layout extra money.

hzhzhz 16:48 19 Mar 2006

If you really need a silent gpu then this is a good choice. Personally, if I was after a 6600gt for gaming I'd go for a version with a fan.

Newuser681 22:09 19 Mar 2006

hzhzhz
Guess I dont really need the system to be silent, tho it would be nice to have it a bit quieter than my current setup! I've got my eye on the Antec P180 case, which is supposed to have an Air Duct to help keep the graphics card cool, so thought I might get away with the fanless card. Sims 2 and the Myst series are about my limit gamewise at the moment.
Totally-braindead
Have thought about sli - Looking to go for the Asus A8N-E, possibly sli version, but am currently deliberating on CPU's!
Thanks both for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires