Failure of credit card order with online Dell

Andrew Hamilton 22:51 04 Feb 2006

I tried to buy a Dell laptop online. Easy system to choose your components. Unfortunately Dell could not get the purchase authorised because of validation required for a larger purchase. My Visa card people told me what Dell had to do, they should know better and follow correct procedure. I told Dell but rather than follow VISA rules they cancelled the order. By the way I had great difficulty communicating with the polite Indian staff of Dell sales on the telephone but perhaps that is because I am from Essex!

I have now ordered the PC Advisor recommendation HP Compact nx6125 from ebuyer. Fingers crossed the order works and the computer arrives in working order!

Widows Son 23:27 04 Feb 2006

One card issuer refused payment when they could not make immediate contact with me - I got a phone call the issuer the next day - but by this time I'd sorted it out by using a different card. I hope you are happy with your new pc - and it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise (Dell's Customer Service has just got a terrible slating in Which magazine)

By the way I'm more than pleased with my new toy :)

spuds 23:30 04 Feb 2006

Another credit card refusal by Dell click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?