Facebook backs down.

Forum Editor 15:44 01 Dec 2007

No surprises here then.

click here

anchor 17:15 01 Dec 2007

I have heard of Facebook, but am puzzled why people are joining it in their millions; why?.

techie4me 17:19 01 Dec 2007

I keep getting asked my friends if i'm on Facebook & My Space.
Why?????
Whats so great about it?????

Forum Editor 17:35 01 Dec 2007

Good question, and I'm not the one to answer it I'm afraid - I find FaceBook a hideous prospect. My social networking is done face to face, rather than via the web, and although I keep getting emails telling me that this or that person has added me to his/her list of FaceBook friends I have so far found it pretty easy to resist.

One of my daughters was a keen FaceBook fan, but has given it all up - she said she found it addictive, and realised she was wasting far too much time with it.

monkeyboy21 19:27 01 Dec 2007

One good reason - it's easy to share photo's with friends and family - just don't post personal details on the site!

Clapton is God 19:54 01 Dec 2007

"it's easy to share photo's (sic) with friends and family"

I can do that by showing friends and family my photo albums or e-mailing photos to them.

anchor 14:03 02 Dec 2007

Clapton is God:

I agree; its easy to share pictures, video, or whatever, with your friends directly by other means.

Who needs Facebook?.

Kemistri 14:31 02 Dec 2007

I find it a little bit odd that anyone who hangs out their flag on Facebook could be worried by some companies knowing a few things about their buying habits. Such information was being stored and shared long before Facebook was dreamed up.

wee eddie 14:33 02 Dec 2007

When I realised that most of the people who wanted to become, so called, friends were totally unknown to me.

I was getting, well in excess of, 20 each day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone