Facebook

gaslamp 17:05 22 Jun 2007

is a social network site. I registered but they asked me for my email password so I left the site by deactivating. I can't see why they asked for it if they don't store it. I enterd a false password and it rejected it as false. Seems a bit strange to me. Have you any knowledge of the site?

wolfie3000 17:44 22 Jun 2007

Just went threough the registration proccess myself to see what it did,

Yeah i see what you mean, i would avoid it if i were you,

I wouldnt trust it.

Forum Editor 18:19 22 Jun 2007

No they didn't, they asked you for a password that you'll use when logging into their site.

Facebook is a hugely popular social networking site. It has over 27 million registered users, including many of my colleagues and many of our forum members. It's also used by both of my daughters, and at least one past editor of our magazine.

Facebook runs the largest MySQL database system in the world - there are thousands of databases behind the site, and overall has cost around $38 million dollars to develop so far.

gaslamp 18:34 22 Jun 2007

Err excuse me but they asked me for my email account password. I entered the password i registered with and it rejected it.

With respect have a look yourself

powerless 18:37 22 Jun 2007
  gaslamp 18:41 22 Jun 2007

May I suggest you all ahve a go at registering IT WILL ASK YOU FOR YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT PASSWORD

powerless 18:47 22 Jun 2007

Not your ISP email password.

You register your email address with them [as it's how you log in] and your password [not your ISP password] can be anything you like.

ive just registered,when it asks for email password,ts requesting a password for future access to the site,pick one random and proceed

gaslamp 18:49 22 Jun 2007

NO Powerless. It asked me for my email account password.

gaslamp 18:51 22 Jun 2007

I'll have another go just to make sure I'm right.

email account password = password to access their site
ie login password that you log into pca site
just different terminology

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?