External Hard Drives Reviews?

ened 11:20 02 Sep 2007

I am thinking of buying this:

Maxtor One Touch 750GB External Hard Drive USB2.0 & Firewire 400/800

from ebuyer.

I cannot find any reviews anywhere.

Has anybody any experience of this product or know of anywhere I can find a review?

Also I notice Maxtor has been taken over by Seagate so would it be more sensible to look for a similar model made by them?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:33 02 Sep 2007

I have Maxtor, WD and freecom external HDs and there is no difference. Just go for the best deal from Ebuyer.

G

spuds 11:49 02 Sep 2007

If you purchase from Ebuyer (or anyone else), check the warranties, because they can vary, even for the same product.

I purchased a Seagate about a year ago from Ebuyer, and there was a slight confusion with Seagate/Maxtor regarding the warranty and Ebuyer's supply at that time.

ened 12:51 02 Sep 2007

One of the questions I would like an answer to is if the drive will be compatible with Vista.

I looked at a Seagate 750 drive and the only review (in ebuyer) said there was a compatibility problem with Vista and esata.

spuds 13:17 02 Sep 2007

Haven't really seen or noticed anything about a compatibility issue. Perhaps a good idea to contact Seagate/Maxtor customer support before you make a purchase!.

thms 19:32 02 Sep 2007

If the external hdd is usb then esata wont be a problem as this is only for sata drives.

I have just ordered a seagate 320GB external hdd from e-buyer click here and I have Vista so will let you know if it works.

Hope to get it on tuesday.

ened 06:20 03 Sep 2007

Thanks for all your comments - I have ordered a Seagate 750.

I would have liked to have known whether you can have full confidence in them. More so than an internal one for example.

thms 10:09 03 Sep 2007

Seagate 750 review
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone