ExpressPCS?? Any good?

donki 10:16 21 Apr 2006

Hi guys,

My mate has ordered a PC from them on 03/04/06 and he cant get through to them on phone and he hasn't got a reply to any of the emails he has sent. Has anyone bought from them before?

Thanks

spuds 11:32 21 Apr 2006

Looking at their website click here gives a combined telephone/fax number 0870 360 9721, is this the phone number that your mate is using, if so, why cannot they get through!.

I also notice that they offer a direct on-line contact 'Chat to a member of our staff', as this contact route been tested!.

One thing that I noticed in their terms and conditions, were their 'voluntary' code to return goods, no mention of the distance selling regulations. Plus the mention of a possible £20 charge!.

Other than that, I have no knowledge of the company, assuming this is the company that you are seeking advice on.

aveylee 14:27 21 Apr 2006

Checked their details with Companies House (Their company num is : 04881265). Apparently they are listed as a company that deals in 'renting civil engineering' and 'database activities'; and the company was only incorporated from August 2003.
Make of that what you will.

Advise your friend to send a recorded delivery letter to the Trader. Telephone calls, emails etc are almost impossible to evidence in future legal action as ever happening.
He may also want to consider contacting a neighbouring business (type in their postcode "NE10 0QH" and a list of neighbouring companies will be found) to see if the business still seems to be operating from the premises.

I would not panic yet though as they may just be busy or have technical problems with their phones.

donki 14:38 21 Apr 2006

U have done ur homework aveylee!!!!!! Il pass it on, was wondering if anyone had actually bought anything from them??

donki 12:44 10 May 2006

After 30days of NO response for a delivery date my mate claimed a refund through his credit card. Just so you know.

Diodorus Siculus 12:50 10 May 2006

Thanks for the feedback; seems your mate did the best thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)