Excellent Service

zander8 22:20 28 Jun 2007

Good Evening All,

I would like to mention some excellent service I have recently received. I have a near five year old Toshiba laptop which hadn't missed a beat until recently when the screen illumination packed up. Last Thursday I contacted Southport Computer Centre and spoke to Nick who said it was probably the Inverter and quoted me £35 to replace it. If I could get the computer to them before 8pm that day then it would be ready for collection the following day. I drove over from Wirral and got there just before 8pm. I was told they would ring me the following day to give me a time for collection. I received a call next morning to say that it was not the Inverter but the screen striplight which had failed. As the striplight is built into the screen then the screen would need replacing. I was quoted £65 to have a new screen fitted and asked if that was okay. I accepted and later that day I received another call to say the laptop was ready for collection. Having some time to spare, I decided to travel to Southport on the train as I have a free travel pass. Nick kindly told me to ring him when I arrived at Southport train station and he would bring the laptop to me. This he did and I was soon on my way home again. The laptop is fine and I was also given the old screen which had been replaced. I want to offer a huge thanks to Nick and John at Southport Computer Centre and would thoroughly recommend them to anyone in this catchment area.

Bob.

harps1h 22:57 28 Jun 2007

I have to say it is rare to see such good service in these modern times where the attitude of just cover your backside prevails. so to read such service provided by SCC is refreshing. there are more than one computer suppliers and isp's who could take a leaf out their book.

Well done Southport Computer Centre!

Stuartli 11:05 29 Jun 2007

We also have a number of other excellent independent computer centres in the town.

spuds 11:15 29 Jun 2007

These are the type of stories that gives out the message of true and honest customer care. They give that little extra and ask for little in return. Why is it, the some other companies always have need to put a large price tag on anything they do. Perhaps greed and lack of concern for their fellow human beings.

Around my neck of the woods, that would have classed as 'extras' on the bill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?