Excellent online retailer

iscanut 09:50 04 Jul 2008

Just thought I would let you know of a good experience. I used an online retailer lambda-tek.com ( Component Shop ) to order a USB External drive. Maxtor One Touch USB2 160Gb, £47.32 inc Vat & delivery.Ordered 14.51 Tuesday, delivered am Wednesday. Very good price and excellent delivery. Have never used them before, but were mentioned in Best Buys in dare I say it..P C Pro !

Stuartli 13:08 04 Jul 2008

I somehow don't think so.

First place I tried for comparison was Scan:

click here

Delivery equally exceptional as with similar retailers...:-)

bstb3 13:16 04 Jul 2008

For the same product the Scan price, including delivery, was exactly £50 - £2.68 more than Nuts' price. Not wanting to be argumentative, but have I missed something? :)

click here

Stuartli's link to the 250gb version is only £3.50 more than the 160gb one at scan, so makes more sense to go for that one to me.

Glad to hear positive experiences of retailers.

iscanut 13:41 04 Jul 2008

Why is it there is always someone who still likes to be negative/criticise. All I wanted to do was to give praise to what I felt was good service. I am sure there are many other retailers out there just as good or even better. I am not getting into an argument as to who is best !

Stuartli 15:31 04 Jul 2008

I'm not being negative or offering criticism.

Merely the Scottish part of the blood coursing through my veins not liking to pay more than necessary...:-)

All the top online retailers I've dealt with over many years, including Scan, Dabs, e-Buyer, Amazon etc have delivered exactly the type of prices and service you rightly praise.

But I'd much rather have a 250GB drive for a little under £50 than a 160GB model from the same manufacturer for a few coppers more..:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?