Excellent Dell Service!

silverous 15:05 31 Jan 2007

Hi,

I haven't posted for a while but felt moved to by the service I received from Dell today. We'd been trying to resolve a Dell PC issue and got to a point where we needed the operating system disks. Unfortunately the user involved had, how shall we say, lost them - and the machine was out of warranty.

I went to the dell support website and into the chat option, an operator *instantly* answered, confirmed a few details, then agreed to ship out a full set of the Dell disks (including the O/s) which came with the machine.

The whole transcript was emailed to me.

With Dell's prices being such good value, and service like that (I thought they'd tell me where to go) it confirms my preference for using them both for work and recommending to family.

Of course, I have no connection to /shares in Dell, just thought it would be good to post something positive about a supplier.

Regards,

Paul

Belatucadrus 20:02 31 Jan 2007

While in my case the warranty was still current, Dell responded similarly and the requisite disks were couriered to me the next day.
I know people have had problems with Dell, but I've always found the machines and customer service excellent.

malgall 19:43 03 Feb 2007

looking at replacing my computer and am reading so
many good things about dell

they maybe not the cheapest but there is no doubt
my next computer will be a dell

Zero G 19:53 03 Feb 2007

I looked at Dell, but found that the spec i was after was slightly over priced. Opted for a Toshiba and after haggerling on the price got it for £508 instead of £599.

Could be worth looking at Toshiba.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?