Excellent AOL Deal!

kingisangus 11:36 21 Feb 2008

Had an email from AOL the other day (my current providor) saying that if i took a new 18 month contract they would increase my speed from 2MB to 8Mb for the same monthly cost.

So i phoned them up to ensure there were no hidden caps etc, and the friendly chap in Ireland told me that instead of paying £14.99 a month, he could give me an 8Mb package for £9.99 a month with no monthly cap (i think their fair useage policy is 60Gb a month).

So very pleased, can anyone beat 8Mb, 60Gb cap for £9.99 a month??!!

Taff™ 12:13 21 Feb 2008

Virgin, Pipex, Plusnet .....

They are all prepared to offer similar, even "unlimited" caps, to existing customers in a bid to retain them providing they sign up for a contract extension. Don`t get me wrong, you`ve got a good deal and if you`re happy with AOL, why change indeed.

It becomes interesting if you bundle together broadband, line rental, anytime calls and even mobile together. Unfortunately you can only now do this with AOL because you`ve a new 18 month contract. For example both Pipex and Plusnet offer BB/Line Rental/Anytime calls for £30. (Admittedly their caps are not as high as 60Gb more like 15Gb in my case but that`s more than I use.)

Confab 12:34 21 Feb 2008

If you have an O2 mobile

click here

Stuartli 15:53 21 Feb 2008

TalkTalk...

john bunyan 16:35 21 Feb 2008

The only problem is if their service falls off, you are stuck with a very long contract. I prefer to pay a bit more on a rolling monthly contract, so I could change ISP's if needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?