Ewido

Curio 18:21 16 Jul 2006

Am due for renewal of version 3.5 in a fortnight, been having daily reminders on booting up for days. Today got their offer to upgrade to version 4 and to download. Was unable to install latest version unless I uninstalled 3.5. This was done. I have 60 days trial an then the option to purchase. Problem is included in the offer is a back-up CD for12$ US, which I do not want. This is putting me off continuing to use this Anti-Spyware as it seems to be a crafty way of getting my money. Have not been able to find a way to get software download by itself. Anybody else had this? - and resolved it.

spuds 18:29 16 Jul 2006

Remove Ewido from the system then download the free trial version. After 30/60 days (?) you can update manually or re-download.

terryf 18:57 16 Jul 2006

Or use Webroot Spy sweeper and free a-squared

Stuartli 19:58 16 Jul 2006

The latest version of ewido is free to earlier users. See:

click here

It was mentioned on the Grisoft website but appears to have been removed.

beynac 09:31 17 Jul 2006

Free/trial version available here click here

Curio 14:02 17 Jul 2006

Free version 4 uninstalled and 3.5 re-installed. Tried to update to version 4 using my current Licence Key. This was rejected (several times). It would appear that the take-over of Ewido by Grisoft did not include the database of previous Ewido users. Whichever way I tried to purchase version 4, the CD was added as a second item in the transaction. This I do not want. So I give up. Will not be using this software again. A great pity as it is a good bit of kit.

Input Overload 14:36 17 Jul 2006

Insert your old Ewido code click here & provided you have time left on your licence you will receive a new code that works on version 4.

Curio 15:08 17 Jul 2006

Tried that several times last night. Rejected my Licence every time.

Stuartli 16:00 17 Jul 2006

As I pointed out earlier Grisoft's website stated (at least during the final part of last week) that the upgrade was free for previous users.

Perhaps you should download it from the Grisoft website?

Curio 20:42 17 Jul 2006

Have tried the Grisoft site and get the response I posted above. The Ewido site gives an error and directed me to Grisoft.

BERNIERES 13:31 18 Jul 2006

The free trial version will work past 30 days, just without all the features.

Still rocks though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?