Evesham Technology

standby 15:26 05 Feb 2006

Information appreciated.

My daughter is seeking to purchase a laptop for business and home use. If you have purchased a computer from Evesham would you recommend the company for build, quality and after sales service (?).

legalrep 16:05 05 Feb 2006

Hi Standby I purchased a Evesham AK47 about 4 months ago and I have to say the machine is exellant, had one slight problem with a graphic card (got SLI)one card was making a slight noise when started up, contacted Eveshams customer service and they were fantastic, some one was out to sort things out straight away and I even ended up with a better graphis card (twin 7800GT) because they had none of the original cards left! My advice would be don't think about buying one. BUY ONE!

Julip 16:14 05 Feb 2006

I and three friends/relations have bought Evesham computers over the last 12 months.

The machines have been fine apart from one faulty graphics card (replaced on site) and a small software problem which was easily resolved over the phone. They are probably as good (and better than) most.

anskyber 18:07 05 Feb 2006

Always doubtful about the value of these things but here are eighty odd reviews.click here

standby 19:26 05 Feb 2006

Cheers Folks,

Many thanks for info re Evesham and their products.

The only common factor and one that was fixed promptly in every case seems to be failure of the graphics cards. Why that item should crop up so regular is difficult to understand but all credit to the company for speedy action on behalf of their customers.

This overall report is too good to ignore, we shall take your advice ...thanks again.

Best regards....Standby

shizzy 21:38 05 Feb 2006

Would not hesitate to use them again. Have had Evesham PCs since 1998 and have had problems but they have always been sorted out.

surfsteruk 00:54 06 Feb 2006

Yep, Also highly rate Evesham. Bought one in 2002 and is still going strong now. Had 2 failed had drives. Noth replaced without question. Top service!

barryg 20:24 06 Feb 2006

may have been good in 1998 & 2002 but this is 2006 and they are now diabolical. Forget protection of the Sale of Goods Act because Evesham have.

barryg 20:24 06 Feb 2006

may have been good in 1998 & 2002 but this is 2006 and they are now diabolical. Forget protection of the Sale of Goods Act because Evesham have.

tammer 20:41 06 Feb 2006

Evesham are top notch. Every company has one person's tale of bad service but I've got nothing but good things to say about Evesham.

I bought my Voyager c510 in Sept 2005 and it's been brilliant so far. Their service was excellent with the order too - as reported in my letter in PC Advisor last month.

shizzy 20:51 06 Feb 2006

They were the same as always in November 05 as they replaced the hard drive free in a two and a half year old machine, replaced a disc drive as well which we hadn't complained about. Carriage was free too. Excellent!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017