Evesham despair....

realist 14:11 01 Feb 2007

My long-standing problem with a premium sound card fitted to my 10 month old Evesham system remains unresolved.

The problem seems to hinge upon the inability to install/update drivers. Auto-update on the Creative site reports "files may be corrupt" and when we try to manually update, the .exe file when run reports "no supported hardware on your system"!

Despite my (on numerous occasions)drawing Eveshams's attention to the fact that all system sound is lost on average once a week, no solution has been offered other than the usual get-out that I caused the problem by (gasp!) installing software.

I refute that suggestion as the glitch first happened within days of delivery and I have been having to carry out weekly system restores ever since.

I have also drawn their attention to the fact that another Evesham customer (and forum user) is experiencing precisely the same problems.

I have to say I am (to say the least) disappointed this being the third pc I have bought from them, having been a customer for seven years.

Any suggestions?

wint 10:02 03 Feb 2007
  Probabilitydrive 11:37 03 Feb 2007

I just used Norton Ghost on my Intel core Duo Evesham machine to restore my Comp back, because - even after a reformat/clean reinstall of Win XP -I was unable to install software from the Creative X-FI Installation card.

I also contacted evesham, who run through a few option, alas - no joy.

I trawled through CREATIVE forums and there are many threads relating to this issue.

click here
click here
click here
click here

I tried a solutions suggested - alas no luck.

Luckily, I had a Norton recovery point, but what happens if I want to update my system to VISTA and are unable to use evehams supplied Creatives installation disc (as was the case with me??
A question Eveswham need to clarify.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?