Evesham Delays

Jimmy230 09:56 25 Feb 2007

I ordered a Solar VX Plus from Evesham on 08/02/2007 and was advised at the time of placing my order, that the machine would be built in approximately 9 working days (I also paid extra to have the PC delivered on a Saturday). However, I received a phone call on Friday 23rd February advising that my PC would not be delivered due to a backlog. I was told that the backlog had arisen because Vista takes up to 3 hours to install on a PC, compared to 20 minutes for XP.

I'm frustrated by this as I had taken Monday - Wednesday off work to get the PC set up etc. I have now been advised that my PC will not be delivered until Saturday 3rd March, however this is not guaranteed...

The reason for my post, however, is that Evesham are still advising on their website that PCs will be built in approximately 9 working days. However, if my experience is anything to go by, people should be prepared to wait longer than the 9 working days advised.

spuds 11:03 25 Feb 2007

Have you contacted Evesham about your concerns, especially the 9 working days issue!.

Jimmy230 11:19 25 Feb 2007

I raised this with them when they called me on Friday, but they told me that there were people who had ordered before me that we still waiting...

SteveWH 13:44 25 Feb 2007

I know how frustrating this is I had a similar problem all I can say is that its worth the wait I have a machine from them that I configured on their site and it is superb very well built.

This is my forth PC from them all have been great I only had one problem and they sorted it in a timely fashion.

oldbeefer2 14:45 25 Feb 2007

yes - be patient. Evesham service, generally, is second to none.

freaky 17:26 25 Feb 2007

At least Evesham are being honest with you about the cause of delay, and even took the trouble to phone you.....something that is lacking with a lot of suppliers !

Jimmy230 17:50 25 Feb 2007

Freaky, I absolutely agree with you. Before ordering with Evesham I had a disastrous experience with PC Nextday - in comparison dealing with Evesham has been an immense improvement. As you say, at least they called me to let me know of the delay and to apologise.

My reason for posting was just to let other people know that if they've ordered a PC from Evesham, they may have to wait longer than the 9 working days stated on the website.

webb204 19:19 25 Feb 2007

just hold on for it ,you will be impressed when you do receive it ,i,ve had the solar pc advisor gs since november ,its a slightly lower spec machine than yours ,but its been great ,no problems at all ,enjoy

FatboySlim71 22:05 25 Feb 2007

I agree with oldbeefer2's comment, "be patient. Evesham service, generally, is second to none"

I personally own an Evesham pc and at the time I purchased mine it said approximately 9 working days, but I was lucky I received mine in 3-4 days.

The thing is Evesham do not say "we guarantee pc built/delivered in 9 working days" but they do say "built/delivered in approximately 9 working days" It is only an estimate and not a guarantee that you will receive your pc in 9 working days.

At least Evesham have contacted you to notify you of the delay and also telling you the reason for the delay, at least they are been honest with you.

I can remember ordering a pc from Mesh, I had the invoice sent through the post which gave me a delivery date, the delivery date came and passed and I had still not received my pc, I received no telephone call off of Mesh to notify me of the delay, I then had 2-3 (not quite sure but it could have been more) promised delivery dates until I did receive my pc. I agree with the others, "the pc will be worth the wait" Evesham do make an A1 quality pc and my experiance and several friends experiance rates Evesham's customer service as A1 as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?