Evesham Advertisement ?

Henry8th 12:40 02 Nov 2006

Evesham are advertising in the Nov issue of PC Advisor a Voyager C720DC at a price of £1149.
However if you try to purchase one they tell you that it's not available for all sorts of dubious reasons. The latest is that they are having trouble with the supply of chassis. However they can supply other more expensive spec machines on the same chassis. I believe that this matter should be investigated by the Advertising Standards Agency.
I have spent several wasted hours emailing their sales team and in my opinion their replies would lead one to question if it were ever available.

neil79 15:35 02 Nov 2006

I was interested in what you said so i had a look back through my copies and the November C720DC you mention has a ATI Radeon X1600 card and the latest/December ad is a 512MB Nvidia 7900GTX. So while the name and chassis's are probably the same the insides are completely different. They might have sold out of the X1600 version. Especially since the November issure will have been out for about 6 weeks.

So be fair to Evesham and be realistic, specs change and how can they be reported to the ASA for an advert that is out of date.

Henry8th 17:03 02 Nov 2006

Thanks for that Neil79, however as I have been in frequent contact with Evesham by email since 19th Oct and have been constantly advised that the spec would be available as advertised I don't think your point is very valid. I should also draw your attention to the fact that the final reason given was relating to the chassis not the graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?