Evesham

iqs 12:12 11 Apr 2007

Hello.I placed an order on the 28th of March for a Solar 7500,custom design Pc.

I was informed the delivery/completion date would be the 12th April.Before the 12th I made two phone calls,each time I was informed the Pc was being built.

This morning I phoned to ask if the delivery date still stands.I was informed the Pc has not been built as yet.I rerquested a phone call asking why there was a delay.No phone call.I phoned again and spoke to someone else.They could not explain why either. I asked if they could phone me before midday.Still no phone call.

I have sent an e-mail asking for an update,will have to wait up to 2 days for a relpy.

This is becoming very annoying.I decided to buy from Evesham because of the comments posted in this forum.From the service so far I wished I had not.

Anyone else had similar experiences with Evesham?.

neil79 14:19 11 Apr 2007

I ordered around that time, i was then contacted to say that the motherboard supplier let them down on a delivery. I have been told the motherboards are in on the 12th and it will be completed shortly after. I was happy with that, as i know i will get a decent PC (this will be my 3rd Evesham.

Iqs, did you email [email protected]? I have found in the past that they normally answer the query well within the we will respond within 2 days auto-reply email.

iqs 16:42 11 Apr 2007

Hi neil79,I used the above e-mail address.I was going to send another with the address you supplied,when I decided to phone them again.

I was told 'due to the easter break they are behind with their orders',a valid reason.It would of been nice if Evesham could of made contact to inform me of this delay.Instead of me having to phone 3 times.

They now say it 'could' be delivered between Monday and Wednesday.They will phone Sunday to confirm this,fingers crossed.

Like you I don't mind waiting for a decent PC,Evesham have received a lot good publicity from theis forum.That was the main reason for buying from them.It's just an issue of communication.

I will keep you and the others watching my thread up-dated.Cheers,IQS

iqs 16:05 15 Apr 2007

Hi Just an update.Evesham were supposed to phone today to confirm the status of my order,yet again no call received.
I will have to phone Evesham again first thing Monday.

iqs 12:36 16 Apr 2007

received a automated voice mail informing me that my PC will be delivered Tuesday between 8 and 5.

iqs 19:42 17 Apr 2007

received my PC today.First impressions ,well worth the wait.

webb204 22:01 17 Apr 2007

they do make good pcs ,had mine 6 month now ,well pleased

Forum Editor 23:41 17 Apr 2007

How about you, has your promised computer arrived as well?

neil79 10:41 18 Apr 2007

Got a text message yesterday saying it would be delivered today. Door bell rang at 8:45 and i am proud to say i am writing this response on my brand new shiny machine.

Very happy so far and i never thought i would have been able to afford a new PC with a 22" screen 8 months ago. God bless falling prices is all i can say.

Forum Editor 17:23 18 Apr 2007

Please contact me urgently via email.

Gibbonhead 14:45 06 Aug 2007

I ordered an Evesham Zieo QX-9000 for £1900 in July with a delivery date of 6th August. I made them double check and confirm that the parts were in stock as I didn't any delays, the salesman said he could see them in stock and had reserved all parts for my order so I handed over my card details and the money was taken two days later.

I called them twice over the coming weeks as my online order check was returning only 'order being processed', both times I was advised there was no problem and all parts were available.

Now on 6th August I call them to find out where my new pc is and they've told me the parts are out of stock and they can't confirm a delivery date.

I've now cancelled it and they say the money will be refunded overnight, not sure I trust what they say anymore though, very pleasant to deal with on the phone but obviously not telling the truth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?