Even worse customer service at Microdirect

garrym 20:56 11 Apr 2005

A company I previously thought of as reasonably reliable with competitive pricing, fast delivery etc has shown its true colours when faced with a problem.

Last week I ordered a new all in one printer ,scanner and copier. I paid for next day delivery and sure enough they delivered; the wrong product worth only half the price. Since then I have spent the whole week trying to request collection of the incorrect item and delivery of the product ordered.

No luck there! I have not even had a reply to any email sent since last thursday. All attempts to contact them by phone have proved useless leaving me with little option other than to hope they contact me before I am forced to take legal action to recover my payment.

Does anyone know how long I have to let them ignore my communications before i can raise an action against them in the small claims court.

I noted someone previously asked for an email address for the MD. Did this work

Any advice appreciated

Diodorus Siculus 21:09 11 Apr 2005

Have a word with your credit card issuer (if you paid by CC) and tell them that you don't want what you have been given.

garrym 21:11 11 Apr 2005

Thanks will try that tomorrow.

spuds 22:35 11 Apr 2005

If you put Microdirect into the search box, you may have some information via the eight postings.Not all good reading!.

Starfox 22:50 11 Apr 2005

Under the distance selling regulations you have seven days to reject the goods and you don't need a reason.

Others may be able to clarify this.

garrym 23:49 11 Apr 2005

RE Starfox's point.
I have notified them several times that i want them to collect the item and was trying to get them to acknowledge their mistake and to commit to providing the correct machine. However I have now given up and bought a replacement elsewhere. I still cannot get them to say when they will sort this out as they have refused to answer my emails since thursday.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.

Starfox 01:34 12 Apr 2005

That when seven days have past they will claim you did not notify them in the alloted time and then they will refuse to put matters right.

Seems to be a common thing with this distance selling procedure.

garrym 17:35 15 Apr 2005

Thanks for all replies. Have gone through card comopany as suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone