ethiocom (ebay company)

beatz87 01:20 08 Jul 2008

heya all im new to the forums as im looking ofr a gaming pc.

i have been given this company be a trusted friend on mine but as they are from ebay i just wanted to check if any1 knows anythign about them and what their pc's are like.

any input or replys are usefull.

cheers beats

howard64 06:09 08 Jul 2008

sorry never heard of them - I would advise looking at the better sites such as novatech and dabs.

birdface 07:01 08 Jul 2008

Feedback on it not bad.click here

spuds 11:57 08 Jul 2008

First of all let me correct the title. Ethiocom is not an eBay company, but a company that as been using eBay since December 2003, and is now a eBay powerseller. The actual company (I believe)is based at 217 Leek Road,Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST4 2BP on the main A52. Telephone number if you want to contact them +44 (0) 1782849520.

I have no real knowledge of this company except what I have found by a Google search. In all intents and purposes, its seems a very good company, and its difficult to found any bad reports. Even the eBay rating feedback looks impressive, and that is perhaps a good indicator in itself.

GaT7 12:21 08 Jul 2008

Yep, I agree with spuds comments, & buteman's comment about the feedback. For the sheer volume of sales, the number of negative comments are not that bad at all.

However, for a gaming PC, I'd rather buy from a reputed online seller like howard64 suggests. Building my own would be the 1st choice, but you may not want to do this.

What games do you play? How much are you going to spending on this gaming PC, & for what kind of spec? G

nosharpe 12:33 08 Jul 2008

The new PC's on sale on ebay are cheap for a reason. They use cheaper, often lesser known branded components.
This doesn't necessarily mean that the components are rubbish but you should always err on the side of caution, especially when spending large amounts of money.

I concur with Spuds & Buteman that eBay feedback is generally a good indicator but do read the negative feedback to get an idea of why this was given.

beatz87 20:41 08 Jul 2008

some very help answers cheers guys.

im playing lotro (Lord of the rings online) and currently play on a low spec laptop.

and i play just about everynight playing top raiding instances which has high graphic demands.

im talking with a friend of mine who is confusing me even more lol.

im possibly goin to be building my own from scratch. :S

Snec 12:27 09 Jul 2008

There is not much point in assembling your own. It won't save you any money and, if things go wrong, could cost you even more.

We often have threads in the helproom "built a computer and it won't work" .... I always think "blimey, you built it, what did you do wrong, why do you think anyone here knows?"

Why don't you try configuring one with someone like Couger-Extreme and see how the price looks for a well-specified machine?

nosharpe 13:12 09 Jul 2008

Look at the following links of companies that build PC's per your needs:
Overclockers click here
Cyberpower click here
LambdaTek click here

and others

GaT7 13:52 09 Jul 2008

"There is not much point in assembling your own. It won't save you any money..." - not these days with 95% of companies (one possible exception is Dell at times). See my Wed, 09/07/[email protected]:31 post in this thread click here.

If one builds it carefully with all the correct parts, what can go wrong? To get it wrong, one has to be very clumsy or purchase incompatible/defective components - or all of the above! G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?